Are partial dentures in Manila worth it? Dentures have been the go-to service for most patients when it comes to replacing missing teeth. However, the service has garnered a few bad qualities for most patients. People have complained about it and thus it has received a certain stigma from those looking to replace missing teeth.
With that said, this article will answer the question – are partial dentures in Manila worth it – and see whether or not you too should go for the service.
Are Partial Dentures in Manila Worth It?
So, are partial dentures in Manila worth it? Well, it depends.
Let’s take a look at the many benefits of partial dentures:
- Cheap – if it does have an advantage of over its alternatives, then it’s most likely thanks to its cheap price. Partial dentures usually start at around Php 10,000 or more. That’s very cheap when compared to a dental bridge which is usually double.
- Easy To Get – thanks to its high demand from patients, partial dentures are easy to find no matter where you are in the country. Most dental clinics in the city today offer at least one type of dentures to their patients.
- Easy To Replace – if your set of partial dentures are damaged, then you’ll take comfort in the fact that they’re quite easy to replace. If they’re easy to get, then you can be sure that they’re easily replaced.
The Disadvantages of Partial Dentures
Here are the number one complaints from most patients about partial dentures:
- Uncomfortable – partial dentures are uncomfortable especially if it’s your first time wearing one. You’re going to have to get used to it for the following weeks because that’s how long it’ll take.
- A Bit Fragile – remember when I said it was easy to replace? That’s because if a set of partial dentures are dropped, then they tend to break on impact. This is why it’s important that most people take care of their dentures because they’re going to have pay for another one if it breaks.
- Inconvenient – since they’re removable, patients are reminded that their dentures have to be cleaned. If they fail to follow this, then bacteria may start to build up. It’s safe to say that wearing partial dentures adds another bit of maintenance to your life.
If you’re not too keen on facing the disadvantages of a regular set of partial dentures, then you may want to switch to flexible dentures.
Flexible dentures are made from a softer and clearer material. This makes them look more natural when worn. In addition, their flexible nature makes them comfortable and pretty durable if dropped.
The only drawback is that it costs more than usual but not as much as a dental bridge.
If you can’t decide whether or not you should go for the service, then you can talk to your dentist about it. Consulting your dentist on these matters will help give you the insight and information needed to make the right decision. This is important because the last thing you’d want is to regret paying for a service that’s already yours.