What is the price of dental fillings in the Philippines? Giving a concrete answer to that question can be a pretty difficult due to a few reasons. Dental fillings are known for the variety of materials it can come in. The most popular dental fillings today are the amalgam, composite resin, and ceramic and even gold. This article will talk about the price of dental fillings in the Philippines and how each of them cost.
What is the Price of Dental Fillings in the Philippines?
To know the price of dental fillings in the Philippines, you must first look at the material you’ve picked. Each material has its own price range, advantages, and disadvantages. It’s also important to remember that each dental clinic has its own pricing regulations. This means that no two dental clinics will have the same price tag for one service.
What Are The Different Types of Dental Fillings?
- Amalgam Fillings – made out of a combination of silver, copper, tin, zinc, and mercury, amalgam fillings give off a metallic look. They’re a great choice if the patient values durability over aesthetics. The price of amalgam fillings start at around Php 600
- Gold Fillings – gold fillings are just as tough as amalgam fillings except they’re not viable to corroding. This gives them a significant boost in lifespan. Apart from that, gold also looks better than amalgam. Gold fillings have a starting price of Php 10,000 or more depending on the surface that your dentist has to work with.
- Composite Resin – made from a combination of plastic and fine glass particles, a composite resin material is geared towards the aesthetics of having to fill in a decayed tooth. The price of composite resin fillings starts at Php 500.
- Ceramic Fillings – ceramic fillings are considered to be the next level of a composite resin. It offers better aesthetic and a tougher exterior. In addition, its chemical composition allows it a level of resistance against staining. The price of ceramic fillings is around Php 5,000 or more depending on the surface area.
What Are The Alternatives to Dental Fillings
Dental fillings are a great service to answer tooth decay and cavities. However, it’s not a service that can solve tooth chipping nor can it save a severely damaged tooth. In order to fix those kinds of problems, a patient must avail the services of the following:
- Composite Restoration – this service uses a composite material to fix chipped and broken teeth. It’s a very affordable service popular amongst the masses.
- Dental Crowns – are false teeth that cap a severely damaged tooth thus replacing and protecting it from further harm. Dental crowns have been a popular choice amongst patients due to the number of benefits that it offers.
If you’re interested to try dental fillings for yourself, it’s important that you consult an expert first. Talk to your dentist and see whether or not you truly need a dental filling. It’s also worth to take this time to see what each of the material on offer has for you.